VisioLite® Ophthalmic Laser System
The VisioLite® laser is an Er:YAG laser in the mid-infrared (IR) wavelength 2940nm . The VisioLite® has particular advantages over the UV lasers and other existing systems in the market. The unique features of include:
- Compact design for ease of use and convenience in a clinical setting
- Flexibility and Control of operation at high repetition rates (for fast procedures) and at a short pulse width (for reduced thermal effects) adding value in safety and precision
- The Er:YAG wavelength matches that of the tissue (water) absorption peak making it a more effective tool for precise tissue ablation and accurate vision correction
- The Er:YAG wavelength eliminates the potential risk of mutanagenic side effects which may be a concern in UV lasers
- The Laser Tissue interaction at 2.94um is superior to any other wavelength since 95% connective tissue is comprised primarily of WATER.
- Unlike other lasers at different wavelengths, the VisioLite® laser essentially vaporizes the water out of the tissue without significant thermal side effects and has these advantages in Laser Tissue interaction:
- 10-20X better absorbed by water than CO2 at 10.6um
- 3X better absorbed by water than Er:YSGG at 2.79um
- Ablation threshold for water at 2.94um about 1 J/cm2
- The ablation occurs instantly and is a surface effect only.
The VisioLite® utilizes a fiberoptic system with a handheld probe including a patented 80 degree 600um curved quartz tip for superior flexibility for the surgeon.